Statement of Right and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (“Terms”) is our terms of service that governs our relationship with members and anyone who interacts with HamConnect, as well as any other service or product offered by HamConnect. By using or accessing HamConnect, you agree to these Terms, which may be amended occasionally.
We value your privacy as much as we value our own–it’s very important. Every attempt will be made to safeguard any user data which may be stored on HamConnect, as well as any content that is created by users. All users are encouraged to use discretion while submitting information on the internet.
2. Sharing Content and Information
You own all content and information that you post on HamConnect, and the way it is shared can be controlled via HamConnect’s privacy settings. When content or information is shared on the ‘Public’ setting, it is possible that anyone on or off HamConnect may have access to that content. When you delete content on HamConnect it will be removed from the website immediately, but may be held in a ‘deletion queue’ on HamConnect’s servers for a period of time.
While HamConnect makes every effort to safeguard user’s information and to maintain a healthy and safe online environment, it is important for HamConnect users to partner with us to maintain a positive community. You agree to the following:
1. You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (like spam) on HamConnect.
2. You will not collect users’ content or information, or access HamConnect, using automated means without our prior permission.
3. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
4. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
5. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
6. You will not post content that is: hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
7. You will not use HamConnect to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
8. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of HamConnect, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other HamConnect functionality.
9. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of these Terms or our policies.
4. Registration and Account Security
HamConnect displays users’ real names and informations, gathered both from amateur radio license databases and user input. In order to help HamConnect maintain security of account information, here are your commitments:
1. You will not provide any false personal information on HamConnect, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
2. You will not create more than one personal account.
3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
4. You will not use your personal profile primarily for your own commercial gain.
5. You will not use HamConnect if you are under the age of 13.
6. You will keep your contact information updated and accurate, to include callsign changes.
8. You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything that might jeopardize the security of your account.
9. You will not transfer your account to anyone without receiving our prior permission
9. If you select a username, callsign, or other identifier for your account that too closely resembles another individual’s rightful trademark or callsign, HamConnect reserves the right to remove or reclaim the identifier.
5. Protecting Other User’s Rights
1. You will not post content or take any action on HamConnect that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or violates the law.
2. We can remove any content or information you post on HamConnect if we believe that it violates our Terms or policies.
3. If we remove your content for infringing someone else’s copyrights and you believe it was removed by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
4. If you repeatedly infringe on other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account if appropriate.
5. You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except with our prior permission.
6. You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on HamConnect.
If you violate the letter or spirit of these Terms, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for HamConnect, we can stop providing our services to you. We will notify you via email. You may also delete your account at any time. In all such cases, these Terms will terminate.
7. Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United States
Amateur Radio is inherently global, and as such, HamConnect is also accessed around the world. We intend to have consistent standards for everyone, but also recognize the need to respect local laws. Because of this, anyone who accesses or uses HamConnect agrees to having personal data and information transferred to and processed in the United States. If you are prohibited from using products or services originating in the United States, you will not engage in activities on HamConnect.